Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hello Seoul!

Hi guys! (^_^*)/

I`m already in Seoul, living in a "kosittel" type cheap one-room hotel and walking around Seoul and shopping everyday! ;D Or more like just spending money like I`m a pro at it, lol omg, it`s so hard to control yoursel! :O Anyway, I`ll do my best to post entries about my trip and hope you`ll enjoy them.

Korea is suuuper hot and quite humid now, everyday is mostly the same temperature, 33C degrees. *hot* To be honset, this makes everything sticky and disgusting, bleh! XD Going to Korea in august is definitely a challenge, but I don`t mind hot weather. I just wish it was a bit more organised and cleaner, maybe I became a bit health/cleanliness obsessed since winter. :P The way koreans walk the streets and drive their cars is complete CHAOS and dangerous too! :O
Anyway, some photos!

I had an 8h stop over in Prague, so I went sightseeing! ^^ It`s BEATIFUL! I walked around the Old Town, climbed up this tower over Charles Bridge and ate a great lunch. ^^

And now Korea! I`ve already visited Korea and have been in Japan 4 times too, so taking photos of streets and stuff is not really interesting for me, so please bear with me as I take and upload pretty random photos... ;D 
First, I went window shopping at AmeApa (we don`t have a store in Poland, boo), lol, typical korean attractions banzai!

Then I had a trip to Daiso (a.k.a. th 100yen/1000won store chain) and bought some useful everyday sute stuff, because my cheap hotel (kosittel) doesn`t provide this. And you can see my healthy oatmeal supplies in the back too. Mmmm, healthy food! :D

Typical korean street.... NOT! : P
Later we went to see a Polish design exhibition (hosted by Korea Foundation) opening with Polish and international friends, the exhibition was fun and it was in Euljiro, so we ended up walking around Myeong-dong at night, which was super fun for me!

Yo man! Old men staring at you = normal in Korea, yuck. :P
Also my camera is old and takes blurry photos, got to get a new one!
Myeong-dong, most popular tourist shopping district I think, has everything, fashion, cosmetics, restaurant, street food and tons of people. All shop staff here speaks japanese, so you can use that if you don`t speak korean (yatta! good for me! XD). Not everybody speaks english, but there`s a good chance they will, as it is a real "tourist" place.

And finally, a brand called FACE SHOP had a chia seeds cosmetic line! I got testers from my sister, who is studying here (and that`s why I`m visiting Korea) and the ads are soooo cute and the cosmetics are really nice! Besides I`m crazy about healthy eating, so I have chia seeds for adding to water and food at home and now I can also use it as skincare? This is so eciting for me!! :DDD

Chia seeds toner, lotion, serum and cream! :D aren`t the small illustrated chia seeds just adorable? :D I really like this line, might buy it!

Today I met a friend and went exploring Gangnam, a really trendy place in Korea, where you have the super crowded metro station area and futher away you can explore those small, lovely fashionable streets full of original brand stores (as in owner is the designer of the things in the store) and middle range brand store (Jill Stuar,t KAte Spade, Agatha, etc.). The streets, buildings and people walking around there are very stylish in the international street fashin way, so original and great! I saw a guy in pink aviator glasses with green mirror lenses and another guy in a super bright neon beannie hat, they both looked soooo cool (but beanie in 33c degrees, are you kidding me?lol)  I went to Garosugil Street in Shinsa and Rodeo Drive in Gangnam! :D (MORE INFO HERE) I am lucky, because my friend Kyunam was born and raised in Gangnam, so he knows every street and will show me more! ^^

Also, if you haven`t heard it already, check out the PSY "Gangnam style" song with it`s hilarious video!!
*dead from too much lol*
Too bad the people on Seoul streets aren`t as trendy as in their music videos and dramas, most people wear TSHIRTS and those rubber SANDALS or SNEAKERS (head + palm). But in Gangnam you can see some really fashinable people, especially after dark! :D

And last but not least, matcha frappucinoooooooo!!!! Whyyyyyy don`t they sell it in Polish StaBa? OMG, everyone loves it :D just order without the whipped cream. :D

I will be here till Aug 28th, so wait for more posts! See you!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaw I miss Korea now! I wanna go club in Gangnam! Please go club for me~  <3 haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. seoul looks really awesome!!! I can't wait to head there someday

    ReplyDelete