Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tutorial: fake lashes my style! (^ε^)♪

Here comes the fake lashes tutorial I promised~ I do custom lashes on top and cut up lower lashes, and really elongate the eye and make it tare-me, kind of droopy cute eye~ Here is a complete tutorial! Enjoy! And if you do this, make sure to comment and show me your results! (^ε^)♪
(all the photos are thumbnails! click on them and zoom up!)

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*
Eyelashes and necessary stuff:

1. Decorative eyelash lower lashes - short cross type 2. Long cross type upper lashes, I got those from eBay for less that 3usd including shipping! Yay! They are very good, buy them! 3. Eyelash glue, of course! This is actually double eyelid glue, but it works perfectly as eyelash glue too and it`s cheap, so try it! 4. This is my DIY "currently in use" eyelashes container! Here are better photos of the lashes I will be using, you can of course use other lashes too.

 

And here is the general idea of what I like to do! Recently, when I wear fake lashes, I always wear them this style! It elongated the eye and creates a cute tare-me look! (* ´艸`)


Our plan just for the fake lashes! 1. bare eye 2. glue on a full pair of upper lashes and cut another pair in half 3. glue the cut up in half eyelash to upper lid to create longer eye and add more volume to outer eye corner! 4. glue on cut up bottom lashes, leaving some space between each piece and between the lashes and real eyelash line! Simple, right? (●´ω`●)ゞ So now lets do it!

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*
Other items I will use. Visee eyeshadow palette in A-2. Eyelash curler, Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara, Dior waterproof eyeliner pencil, Majolica Majorca fluid eyeliner. And that`s it! (´∀`)

 
☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*

Sa! Apply eyeshadow 1 all over the moving lid and eyeshadow 2 over it, for a nice natural sparkling eye, that looks very light - because our lashes will be heavy we want to keep the eyeshadow minimal. 1. is my bare eye  2. with the eyeshadows on:


Take the Dior eyeliner pencil and line carefully on your waterline (under the lashes) and a medium-thick line over lashes. Remember to also draw carefully between your lashes, so there are no non-black spaces left! It looks better this way!


Next step, always curl your lashes first, and then apply mascara to upper lashes (1.). Then looking at the all over balance, go over your pencil line with fluid eyeliner and elongate the line with a horizontal liner with sharp ending! (2.) I actually measured the over line I did and it`s 7-8mm longer than my real eye! (≧▽≦) My real eye is about 3,5cm btw, lol (noone`s interested xD)


1. Glue on the upper lashes! Make sure the size fits your eye, cut it a bit if necessary - I cut mine of course. It looks better if you cut the excess from the outer eye corner side! Here`s my eye with the normal upper lash on, open and closed and the eyelashes I put on:




Next glue on the upper lash cut in half! Make sure the longer lashes are closer to the outer eye corner! Opened and closed and again the lashes I put on!



When the glue dries completely, go over the eyelash band with the fluid liner once again to hide the glue and make it look better and more mergerd with your own lashes! (^ε^) And now the upper eyelid is completely done! Next, this is how I do the bottom lash! Apply eyeshadow 4. to lower lid, but only to the 2/3 of the lid, do not apply any dark eyeshadow close to the inner eye corner! Next apply mascara to lower lashes!


Now lets apply the lower lashes!!!! (*≧▽≦*) Cut the lower lash into ~5 pieces, I only use 4 here! And glue them on from outer eye corner first. It`s important to leave some space between your own lashline and the fake lashes, for the tare-me effect. And also the lashes close to the outer eye corner should be pointed down, and the closer to middle of the eye, the more horizontal should the lashes` angle be. (Is my explanation making sense? xD) Anyway, look at the balance and glue them slowly thinking about the position and angle! v(^-^)v


Here`s the final effect! (Sorry for my eyebrows, I`m growing them out to bleach them, I only lightly lined them, haa~) I like to keep the eyeshadows natural, but you can use gray/black eyeshadow for a more dramatic look or draw a longer line and glue the lashes even more outside your real eyelash line! ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ That would be nice for a rock fashion, etc!

TADAAAAAAAAAM! :*:・( ̄∀ ̄)・:*:*:..。o○☆゚・:,。*:..。o○☆ The final effect!
This is really how I do my fake lashes every time I wear them recently! I love the long and tare-me effect~ And even though it looks super stupid, here is the before - after photo, as I only have one eye done and the other one is my natural eye... lol, ah the magic of makeup!♡ See how longer and bigger my madeup eye seems?!


I love the head scarf trend! Will look for longer scarved to make a cute big ribbon! :D
This scarf is a present from my sister, she bought it in Korea and the design is actually all made with hangeul letter! :)

So, that`s it! I`m looking forward to everybody`s comments and show me photos if you copy this style! Hugs!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing out this tutorial, it was really useful to me^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tutorial was fabulous and extremely detailed and well laid out. You have supreme eyeliner skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I am going to try this out, thank you for your tutorial :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!!! thanks for da tutorial i like it.o(^▽^)o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the awesome tut! I'm going to try this later when I get my box of lashes in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great!
    im going to try bottom lashes again
    ( i faaaaailed)

    ps. do u think i must cut the bottom lashes into pieces to be able to make them stick on my skin ? coz when i tried to glue the bottom lashes on my eye, always the middle part of the eyelash "goes in the air" (dunno how to explain xD) it just doesnt want to stick on skin.
    is this coz should cut the lashes into pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments everyone! :D

    Yuri☆
    Generally it`S easier to glue on lashes if you cut them up! Smaller pieces will stick better (°∀°)b If you don`t want the sperated lashes effect, just glue your cut up pieces right next to each other, the only difference will be they`ll be staying where you glue them! ^^*
    (BTW, the cutting doesn`t work for upper lashes with lots of volume, cut up they won`t look good on)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the great tutorial :D
    mada, I can see your face in the chanel box *_*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna the spring too..:(
    im waiting for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oomg I just found out your blog via your tumblr and I am soo pleased :D this tutorial is really good and explains everything easily ^^
    Plus your eyeliner skills are impressive =O

    Ah, and Id like to ask you something if it does not bother you, I would like to ask where exactly you bought your lashes ? Because Ive been searching them on ebay with no results =(

    Take care and please continue blogging ! =D <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Choko Kin!! :D
    Thanks for reading my blog! :D

    I asked my friend in Japan to get the lashes for me, I found them on rakuten (japanese one) and asked my friend to buy them and send them to me, and that's how I got them. If you don't have friends in Japan, you can always ask a shopping service, like i-tm4u for example and get them for a small fee.
    I don't remember the link anymore, but they are easy to find in many rakuten stores:
    http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/decorative+eyelash/-/

    Hope to help ^^*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and the top lashes from eBay are ones like this, sold by 10 pair / box:
    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_nkw=fake%20lashes&_fln=1&_sc=1&_sop=15&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

    Cheers ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for your answer =D

    Take care ! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got the same lashes of ebay! :D nice tutorial ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. commenting late, but im loving this tutorial =) want to try it <3<3 thanks for all the great tips!

    ReplyDelete