Monday, February 8, 2010

review: MAC MSF Porcelain Pink


Hello guys! :D
For a long time, I was a MAC virgin ( ̄_ ̄ i) lol
Last year, of course under the influence of japanese magazines like 小悪魔Ageha, Happie Nuts and JELLY, I decided to buy MAC lipsticks, Myth and Siss! They are the two most popular nude colors in Japan, followed by Peach Stock and Flesh Pot, which I want too and plan to get them some time. ^^*

MAC mineralize skinfinish in PORCELAIN PINK, whoopdeedoo~ ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

So until not so long ago, not knowing much about MAC products, I didn`t even know what MSF is... food? Plant? Bird..? Hmm, no idea, like really in the dark. xD But when I started running out of Missha Under Eye Brightener, I decided to try MAC concealer and went to my closest MAC store. I got the Select Moisturecover (which I don`t really like too much so far :/) and waiting for the assistant to bring my concealer was looking at powders/blushes and some of them were shiny, glittery, had a glow and those were MSFs. So when my assistant came back and saw me looking at them, she said they can be used as blush, highlight or all over powder and from that moment on I knew what Mineralize Shinfinish was! ハハ~ン☆ I remembered hearing the name "Porcelain Pink" somewhere and I asked if they had it, and it turns out it was from a limited collection, but they had one or two left and I bought in on impulse... ヘ(゚∀゚*)ノ


So, MAC website says it`s "a luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face". There is 10 g / 0.35 oz of the product and it costs US $28.00, or more in countries other than USA. About the amount, that`s really too much! I don`t think I`ll ever use it all... (゜д゜;) But that`s good too, at least I can experiment without regrets it will run out! You only need a tiny bit of the product and you will have the right result, which is - it practically won`t show at all! xD But that`s good! This MSF has a very light pink color with golden veining, but in my opinion it has a blue-ish shine to it too... hmm, maybe that`s just me? It won`t really show up on any color skin like a blush would, maybe on someone pale like chalk, or if you put tons of it on your face, but personally I don`T like how it looks applied so heavy ... It won`t be an obvious color, but it will add this glow and your skin will reflect light and look really luminous and healthy! And the trend for 2010 is natural looking face with lots of glow! If you don`t have any, must get for 2010 is a highlighter! You can see on the left, I have it on my hand and for the photo I applied quite a lot! It hardly shows, right? I imagine it will look most gorgeous in summer on delicately tanned skin ♡♡ You can also use a tiny bit over any other blush, powder or cream, for a pretty more dimensional color and glow... Hmm, I gues it takes time to get used to the effect and seing whether you like it or not. I like it more and more everyday, but it might be different with You. Also, the colors and amount of glitter and shine can be different in each single packaging! Look at it before you buy it!

So this is definitely a product that is growing on me! I bought it on impulse and the longer I have it, the more I like it! Of course after buying it without thinking twice, I had to educate myself with youtube video reviews (love them!) and makeupalley ones. ;)

very light coverage, gliterry shiny finish - this is a lot of MSF, you will put much less on your face!
personally I would only apply this to C line :)

because it flies around sooo much, I think it sometimes works better applied with foundation brush!


The only things I don`t like about this is, the powder could be more well ground for my taste - powder particles (??) are big-ish and there is some glitter, and though it hardly shows, but it could be smaller too, IMO. Also, the powder pieces fall off and fly around in the box, it`s pink with the flying powder all the time, maybe they could have ground it better and press it harder..? But oh well... I can live with that! Just minor negatives.

I will give MAC MSF in Porcelain Pink 6/10 stars! ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆

Sorry for my loooong entries where I babble a lot,I hope some people at least manage to read through it all?! xD

1 comment:

  1. hihihi I can't help but look that the MAC logo looks just like moustache!! so funny! x)
    I'll add you to my reading list~!

    ReplyDelete